Student Recognition Competition
Universities worldwide offering undergraduate, Masters and/or PhD programs or degrees in Foresight and Futures Studies. Submissions should be sent by the sponsoring university to Elizabeth Rudd, SRP Chair.
Each university can submit up to five student works that the university considers to be of exceptional quality in terms of originality, content and contribution to the field. No more than three entries can be submitted in any one category, i.e. graduate individual. Submissions may include papers or projects by individuals and team and must be formal papers, projects and products.
Submissions are limited to one per student (that is, they should submit only one entry in one of the four categories). All students must be formally enrolled in the year in which the submission is made.
- Undergraduate: individual paper or project
- Masters degree student: individual paper or project
- Masters degree students: team paper or project
- PhD student: published research paper
- New media (projects that are not in written format, ie video, Prezi, etc.)
- Quality of content
- Contribution to the field of Foresight and Futures Studies
- Appearance and Presentation
Judging is by a committee consisting of four to 10 members from across APF membership. Ideally, three members will come from Australasia, three from Europe/Africa and three from the Americas, with a Chair, who may be a Board member.
Submissions must be received by January 30, following the academic year. i.e. the deadline for the 2014 year is January 30, 2015.
Winners are announced by the end of June.
All winners will receive a Certificate of Achievement from the Association of Professional Futurists.
First place winners in the graduate and PhD individual category will receive a choice of:
(1) a two year Student Membership in APF, or
(2) the registration fee (excluding residency) for one APF meeting within two years of the award.
Second and Third place winners will receive a one year Student Membership in APF.
First, Second and Third place winners in the Undergraduate, Team and New Media category will receive a one year Student Membership in APF.
Winners are featured in the next Compass Newsletter, and announced to the full APF membership as well as posted on this website.